Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Journey of One

And I am off on an adventure of one. Traveling back to a place that I love. Alone. It is an interesting mix of feelings with this trip. I've been alone before on two different occasions. The first was a true boy's trip with Conner and me just having a good time. Then this past April, I went with Conner again but I was coming to terms with the conclusion of a transition that I'd been experienced.

Now the transition is long complete. So those feelings are not with me on this trip. Though I will be surrounded with people who will remember me as someone else. Someone who was connected with somebody else. They will remember me as part of an "us" but that is no longer who I am.

I am just me.

I am looking forward to sliding into my contemplative side as I stare at the ocean and swim to the reef. And God knows what laughs Conner, Hania, Hugh and I are going to have. Patti will just kind of float around us as she does, when she's not counting the number of beers that Hugh is having. Nancy and Paul are always a hoot. Rick and Cook are back for the first time in a while. Marty and Denise have already written wanting to know when I arrive.

In many ways I will be introducing myself to them for the first time. But the new me isn't quite the same as the old me. I am an altered boy.

And I had a harder time saying bye to Goddess this morning than I usually do. I've become much more of a home body than I was before, just enjoying sitting at the kitchen table or on my beloved back deck. And I worry about my plants that represent promises of good things to come. And there is this serendipity that has been floating in and out of my life that I am anxious to keep.

And I have a lot that I need to accomplish while I am away. There is a manuscript that I have to complete for a new book. I've started it but it has become very difficult to give it the conentration it needs when I am home. There are too many distractions from work. Now I'll have the time to love it to completion.

So I am off. On a journey of one. Reintroducing myself. To myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment