Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Natural Ways

I spend a lot of time walking up and down the beach when I am here. Beach Paatrol is what we have dubbed it! I'm not one for sitting in a chair, so stand most of the time or walk. The beauty of the ocean commands my attention most of the time and I swear that I could stare at the waves breaking on the reef for hours.

But there are mountain behind me and palm trees and other islands in the distance. All of which demand my attention too.

And then there are the friends that I have collected over the years. So as I make my way up and down the beach there are countless conversations. Yesterday my friend Jack fell in beside me as I walked and we reviewed the past year. I've known Jack for several years and he is in sales and told me how rotten things had been for his business. And I told him about the good and the bad of Union Mission over the same time period.

Then he paused and pointed to the beauty of the beach and said, "But we have both been blessed with one more opportunity to be here."

I try to look at my life this way. Each moment is a gift and I don't know how many more I will have so I am going to do my best to enjoy the hell out of the ones that I have right now.

And I am also going to enjoy the hell out of my friends because they are all gifts too and you can never be sure if this happens to be your last experience with them or not so I will treat it like it is!

And these thoughts make me smile as I make my way back down the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment