Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Best of the Best

Earlier this week Union Mission was recognized has 2010's Best Non-Profit Organization to work for. We were one of 50 companies chosen from across the country and we will be covered in the April edition of the Non-Profit Times.

Last year, the U. S. Chamber of Commerce recognized Union Mission with a Best Company of Savannah award.

Prior to that, Georgia Trends Magazine honored Union Mission as a Best Company to work for.

Of course I am very proud of these things. What makes it happen are the people who actually do the work of preventing and ending homelessness in Savannah. They are an amazing collection of passionate caring people who encounter dispair every day. They face it head on and mold it and shape it until hope is born. From hope comes success and year in and year out, hundreds of people find their way home again.

I am in Phoenix right now at a meeting of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Local Funding Partners Program. Over the course of the year, the RWJ staff and several of my fellow Committee members rececive weekly updates on what is going on at Union Mission. We all collected for dinner last night to kick off two days of meetings. As I walked into the room, I was immediately congradulated by several of them over all of the things that Union Mission has accomplished in the past year.

"You must be very proud!" one of them told me.

"I am," I replied. "I work with some amazing people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment