Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sountracks

My friend Sarah likes to dance in the rain. I like to run in it. It has though God herself is baptizing me with holy water thrown down from above. There is something cleansing about running in the rain.

This morning it was coming down steady when I took off from my house and made my to back river. My I-pod is on shuffle and as I top the sand tune, The Beatles are singing "Octopus Garden" from the "LOVE" remix so the song begins with searing strings before exploring into George Harrison's crisp guitar. It is the perfect song for the rain beside the sea.

Then I turn the protection of the back river for the south beach and the wind blast my body with blowing sand and rain. I am running against it and John Anderson's "Seminole Wind" blows through my earphones. A song about the winds of change and how beautiful things get ravished and I think to myself, "I've taken worse than this lately and survived," and I keep running.

Making my way to Butler Avenue, the main drag, "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla carries me beside the traffic and it is hard not to laugh. "Tell me all your thoughts on God, cause I'd really like to meet her, and ask her who and what we are?" A dear friend of mine explained that the writer believes that God must be a woman because a man is incapable of creating such beauty in the world.

On Twelth Street, I begin my return to home when it is replaced by "Here Comes the Sun" by George Harrison, and right now cue out it pops, brilliant and bright. The rain stops and the wind dies a little. I wonder if angels have programmed this shuffle.

Slowing down on my street, Yvonne Elliman sings "Everything's Alright" from the "Jesus Christ Superstar" Soundtrack and I beleive that it is. After several waves of major shitstorms where I often felt that I would drown and never get my head above water again, the sun is now shinning. Warm winds blow through my heart again.

And this is the message of the day. Sometimes holiness touches us in funny ways. A random succession of songs hit the bull's eye dead and center. And I feel that God is indeed answering my questions of who and what we are.

So I begin the day with a pray. Cause I really want to thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment