Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Anger

I'm normally not one to get angry. It is useless and is not especially productive. It rarley finds its way into the way that I live my life. But I understand the stages of grief...shock, denial, anger, acceptance...so I suppose yesterday I entered into the 3rd phase. And I was pissed. And I let it be known! By texting.

Isn't that funny? I suppose that I was pressing the key pad harder than normal. But I cussed and I threw my words across the world wide web and let the incredible amount of grief and hurt and sadness that I have been living out. And like every other time that I've been angry, it didn't do any good. I certainly don't feel any better.

And today is Easter. I have risen. The sun is up and is bright and glorious. The coffee is good. The birds are singing. The ocean is kissing the shore. The branches on the Palm trees dance in the breeze. I am quiet, thinking deep thoughts about lost love.

So today is the day that Jesus danced himself out of the tomb. Somehow the stone was rolled away and out he came. Back from the dead. According to the Gospel of Mark, the oldest Gospel, the orginal ending has the story concluding here. The tomb was empty. And it was left to the imagination of the reader what that meant.

I prefer this ending. Mystery abounds. We are left in wonder.

Throughout his living years, Jesus spent more time talking about love than he did anything else. God is love. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Treat others as you wish to be treated. These things pretty much sum up what he had to say about living life.

So I am sitting here on this Easter morning wishing for lost love. Believing against all hope that it can rise from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment