Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tiny Dancer

Standing on the beach, I was in a trance watching the green, aqua water and the bright blue skies. Music played in my ears through the magic of my I-pod and I was content. This is how life should be lived.

Then I saw her. She was a woman with two very distinct halves. One side was blond and full and healthy. But when she turned, her other side was purple and defective. A tiny arm did not match the fullness of its companion. One leg was much thinner than the other. One side of her face shown beauty but the other side was shrunken.

I noticed these things as she skipped past me into the warm ocean waters. At knee length, she twirled around throwing both hands up in the air, and she danced in joy. And my eyes filled with water at the sheer beauty of it. This tiny dancer was exuding so much joy and happiness at simply being here. And the darkness that has held my heart fled away.

Turning, I saw a man walk pass me. He drug one leg behind the other in the sand. one of his hands was curled and seemed useless. But he walked anyway. And the man had one hell of a tan! He smilled at me and I smiled back.

Looking back into the water, my tiny dancer continued to twirl and sing. And I found that my feet began to move in concert with her, and I swayed and turned. And the sun joined us and danced on the ocean surface. And for as far as I could see, everyone on the beach was smiling and dancing. And because of my tiny dancer, for a moment yesterday, the Kingdom came on earth as it is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment